Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Best way to calculate stats on a sheet tracking form submissions

Options
AAhumada
AAhumada ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have a SmartSheet that logs "installation issues" as they are submitted via web form.  The sheet tracks the "locations" id number, address, owner, manager, issue, issue type, and who is working on the issue. Its a tracker you could say.    

I want to be able to calculate how many of "issue type" A or B have been submitted via the form. and maybe even the percentage that have a "issue resolved" date entered for them. Normally in excel, I would have the tracker on one sheet and do the formulas on a second sheet. However, in SmartSheets I know that you can't reference or calculate data in cells from another sheet. So it looks like I'm forced to do the calculations in the main tracker sheet. My question is, where do you all normally do your calculations in this sheet? I don't want to put it in the rows as it would blend in with the form data that's submitted. Maybe I'm over thinking this?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.