Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Gantt Chart layout - weeks

Mike Halperin
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I am aware that you can create a Gantt chart view by showing the week of the year.  Is there a way to configure the layout to show the project week?  

Thanks for any assistance.

Mike

Comments

• What do you mean by "project week"? You can change the start day of a week through Project Settings > Timeline Display

• Sasha,

Thank you.  I am aware that I can change the Timeline Display through Project Settings to show calendar weeks if I wanted (e.g., this week would show as week 32).  I would like a setting to show project weeks.  So, if I started a project this week, the Gantt chart would show the calendar as week 1, not week 32.  

Any thoughts anyone?  

Thanks,

Mike

• Smartsheet does not have a built in way to show project weeks. Depending on the length of your project, you could add milestones to your sheet with week numbers in the column that is displayed in your Gantt chart. Link these together with precessors with a 5 day (1 week) lag between them.

Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 10.16.32 AM.png

• Good workaround BobbyLite!!

Thanks,

Mike

This discussion has been closed.