Temporarily Suspending a Licensed User
We require our licensed users to conduct semi-annual user access reviews on their Smartsheets. They need to remove users who no longer need access rights and delete or archive smartsheets that are no longer needed. (See attached jpg) If they do not complete their review, I want to suspend their rights to Smartsheet until they complete it.
From what I understand, I can accomplish this using the methods below, but I am hoping one of you can recommend a more efficient way.
- Active Directory/SSO
- Using this option will suspend all the user's rights, I just want to suspend the Smartsheet rights.
- Create an AD Group for Smartsheet users so they have to have both AD and be in the group
- This is the long term goal but I won't have it in place before the user review
- Change ownership
- If I transfer the ownership of each sheet, I will then need to restore all the sheets once they complete their review.
- Remove the license
- I will have to add it back once they complete their review. We have almost 100 licensed users.
I look forward to hearing your suggestions.