Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

automated communication surrounding web forms

Linda Schmidt
Linda Schmidt ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I'm building a fairly complex job-request web form to feed a grid that tracks marketing-creative requests for our designers and web developers, and I have a question:

I'm gathering two kinds of data: one kind that is concise and drops easily into my tracking grid, and another kind that is much more descriptive and longer. I don't really want the latter kind of data cluttering up my grid, but it needs to be available to me as the recipient of the job-request form and also to our designers. I don't want them scrolling horizontally through an unwieldy wide grid to find out what they are to work on. I can hide these longer columns in the grid, but this data does need to be passed to me and to the people working on the project.

When a requester fills out my new web form, I know she can elect to be copied on all the data she entered. Isn't there a way for me (as the recipient of the form) to also be copied? Again, I know the point here is that the data flows directly into my grid, but for the reason above, I need to see it in a vertical format as well, for readability.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭

There are a couple options I can suggest for this. You can 'edit' and row by right clicking on the row and selecting Edit Row. This will bring up your row in a vertical view (see below)

You could also use Zapier which can email you the content of a row when a new row is added.  You have some flexibility about how you want the email formatted when it is sent. Go to https://zapier.com to set this up

Screen Shot 2015-08-06 at 11.27.31 AM.png

This discussion has been closed.