Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Populate Row based on a pulldown selection.

Options

I maybe shooting for the moon on this. 

I am building a meal planning tool. I have a sheet that has the name of the recipe and then several columns that are the ingredients of those recipeies. in the ingredance columns i have placed a number that represents how many of that ingredant is needed.

I have a second sheet that lists each meal of the day and each day of the week. I have a column with a dropdown list of all the recipe names. What i would like to be able to do is have the amounts in the ingredance columns to autopopulate based based on the recipe name selected. In Excel i would use a lookup tool and have it referance the recipe sheet and then report back the amounts in the ingrdance columns.

I am not seeing an way to do this in Smartsheet. Am I missing something?

Thanks

LC 

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No you are not missing something, Smartsheet does not have lookup functions. You might be able to achieve this by having only 1 sheet rather than 2.  Split the sheet I to two. Top part as your daily planner ant the bottom part as the data part.  Using the if functions (if, sumif, countif) you may be able to construct something.

This discussion has been closed.