Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

roll back to an earlier version

Options
2»

Comments

• tom.wnuk
    Options

Agree with most on this thread.  If you're going to track changes, you need to be able to revert back to a version.

This is like having DB backup but not having a DB Restore capability.  I just experienced an entire column getting cleared and not something I or anyone else did, just gone.  Now what, start over. Given the number of years this product has been available, it does seem to be disappointing.

I'm trying to make use of this solution but the more I use it, the more work-arounds I have to create. 

I strongly vote for this feature.

• Francois Caron
    Options

I've made a terrible mistake to select "% complete" in the Gantt chart feature. It happened I had a pretty complex formula in my % Done column. It got wiped out w/o me noticing... As formula are not in the cell history I've lost it... Darn!

Terrible there was no warning. Even worst there is no versioning of our sheet...

Capture.JPG

• ashish
    Options

Is there still no versioning available?

At least to get a copy of older version from the activity log?

I have huge amount of data being deleted by other user and i have no way to get back mine if this is not available yet.

• scottg88786
    Options

You guys are frightening me!

I just lost a lot of data by doing a cut and paste.

The undo did not help, then I figure I would go back to a previous version of the sheet. Most of the comments I am reading are from 2015.

So in 2019, what does smartsheets do or not do?

This is crazy. How do I revert back to previous data?

Thanks, Scott

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Scott,

If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team. They might be able to help! Smartsheet Support Team

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Chander Gupta
    Options

Smartsheet Team,

Whats cool about Smartsheet is the way you can group the rows under a heading.

But how do you plan to stay relevant/ alive without introducing the 'rollback' or versioning feature?

Microsoft 365 already has it & they are cheaper too.

For your own sake, implement the versioning.

Cheers !

This discussion has been closed.