Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Trouble Following posts

Brett Evans
Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hello,

I am trying to stay active in the community but it is not emailing me when there are new comments.   I have checked my settings to verify that my email is correct and I have checked the right boxes in the commmunity section.  Is there anything else I need to do?  Pic below.

Thanks,

Brett

mail prefs.PNG

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing extra is that the first time you comment there is a check box above the submit button. Ensure its ticked (it the default) before you submit.

Note: all post you are following can be viewed from your profile page.

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks James,   

I will follow them in the community section. I do have the "Follow..." button checked, but I am still not getting emails.   I am not in the communtiysection as part of my daily routine, so it woudl be great to get a push notification somehow.

-Brett

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it does appear you have a problem, I get mine  OK, this is proof.

Suggest a quick e-mail to support to see if they can throw any light on it.

James

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 08/10/15

Brett, I havent had any issues receiving emails and have not heard from anyone else about email issues. I would check your spam/junk folder. It may be possible our emails are being identified as spam with your email client. 

Let me know if you are unable to find our emails in your spam filter and we can troubleshoot further! 

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Travis,

Like Brett, I'm not receiving emails either from posts I follow.  I checked my spam folder in 2 locations and don't see any Smartsheet Community updates. I get other emails from Smartsheet such as notification emails and from support.

Here's an example of a post I made, but I dind't get the follow up comments.

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/drop-down-lists-0

thanks,

Tim

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • Travis
    Travis Employee

Thanks for checking on that, Tim! I spoke with one of our Community developers who confirmed all emails are being sent as expected from the Community. 

Does your company have a a spam blocker that might be filtering these emails out even before it gets to your inbox?

Have you received any emails from the Community, including daily/weekly emails on popular discussions, subscribed categories, or discussion updates? 

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Keep us updated, Tim!

You could also try whitelisting (or ask your IT group to) the email address they are sent from: community@smartsheet.com

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Travis,

Thanks for the reply.  

We are a state government agency so I'm sure there are more spam filters than I'm aware.  Sealed

I'm gettign no emails from the Community.  I've checked my outlook junk mail folder and settings but all looks OK.  I'm checking with my IT group to and getting them to help troubleshoot. Will keep you posted.

thanks,

Tim

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/19/15

Travis,

I finally got an email from community@smartsheet.com!  It wasn't in the blocked email list, but what I think worked is that on both my local Outlook Junk Email Options and on our IT firewall, we added the email to the Safe Sender/whitelist.

thanks for your help!

Tim

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Great! Happy to hear its working for you!

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Travis,  

I am still not getting emails (hence my long delay in responding).  I want to be an active member of this forum but this is a barrier.  I have checked spam filters etc. here and I am asking arouind again just to make sure.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Brett

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Thanks for letting me know, Brett. Tim (commented in this thread) had a similar issue where the emails were not being sent to his Spam or Junk folder BUT when he whitelisted community@smartsheet.com in his local Outlook spam settings and asked his IT group to add the email address to their Safe Sender/whitelist, he started receiving emails from the Community. 

Try those two things and see if you start receiving emails, and let me know!

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Travis - that cleared it up. I'm now on the scoreboard and catching up to Tim!

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Brett... Glad the solution helped.Smile . Now that I'm getting notices, it's much easier to help and more importantly learn....so many great ideas out here from people much smarter than me. 

So PLEASE catch me. I need a break.  Tongue Out

Seriously, I'll be on vacation next week so it's all yours!  Have at it!

later,

Tim

This discussion has been closed.