Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Receiving "Invalid URL" When Attempting to Link Into a Share Drive Folder

Options

Comments

• Mike McNamara
    Options

Add me to the list of users who would like to see this feature. Specifically our HR Director just wants a link to some Excel files on our local network to be added to her Sight in Smartsheet, to give her a one place to go solution for all her reports, Smartsheet and external.

• eledsall
    Options

I am always surprised when customers beg for a change and it falls on deaf ears.  This issue is the very reason we dropped SS and would come back in a minute if resolved.  Good luck to any company that won't meet it's customer's needs!

• gyoung
    gyoung ✭✭
    Options

I too want to be added to this enhancement request. All of our users are on the network. While having files on DropBox or another online file sharing service, we would rather maintain the files locally without having them out on the web.

• j.colon
    Options

Hi, my company also needs this feature to be added for the same reasons posted above by other users. Can you please add my vote for it?

• jkelly20106
    Options

Our organization would also benefit from this functionality. 

• klegan
    Options

So people asking for this feature for over a year and still nothing?  "Cloud" linking is not an option for many companies due to the sensitivity of the documents.  Companies have internal networks with shared drives and use that for most document sharing.  Can you explain why this very common setup is ignored in favor of only using cloud based services?  We are currently evaluating smartsheets at my company and this missing feature is a big mark in the minus column.

• craigblakey
    Options

Add me to the list of people looking for this functionality.

• Laurence White
    Options

Hi, any update on this topic? We'd also like this to work.

br

• awright21251
    Options

Add my name too for this feature.  It is extremely annoying that I can not link to my local drive.  All the previous arguments from the other posters are my valid concern as well.

I have a user who is creating and updating a training document in their local network drive.  I simply want to create a link to it on a dashboard so others in the group can get to it.

I don't want to own it, copy it somewhere else, or anything.  I simply want SS to point to it for the group use. 

Please let me know what I can do to make this work.

• Francois
    Options

Add me to the list too. I have been using Smartsheet for less than 4 hours and already I can see this being a big roadblock for corporate use. angry

Same as other users above: cannot (for confidentiality reasons) / don't want to (for fear of duplication) copy files into Smartsheet or use Google Drive. But I want to be able to insert a link to files located on a shared drive.

• Oliver Rew
    Options

Can someone from Smartsheet please respond to this thread with some reasoning as to why this cannot yet be integrated? It has been over a year and I think all of us would at least appreciate knowing why this integration in not possible. Is there some sort of exclusive deal with Google Drive? Thanks.

• lisa.s
    Options

We would like this feature as well. :-)

• Neil Spencer
    Options

Add me to the list looking for this functionality....

• I'm currently evaluating SS as an option for my company.

Is anyone able to comment on if this feature will be implemented, we absolutely require this.

• Kevin Minkoff
    Options

Please add my name to the list requesting that SmartSheet link to folders on my local network.  By the way, the last time a SmartSheet employee commented on this forum was August 23, 2016.  Won't you please update us on your progress more regularly than that?

This discussion has been closed.