Publishing a Sight page to the web

Morri Young
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I seem to see different instructions here, but for the life of me I can't seem to move beyond "Read Only" to create an iFrame for a Sight so that I can embed it in a website. This would be so handy for my clients to be able link to Reports and Forms... Have I missed something?

Comments

• Hi Morri,

There currently isn't a way to publish an editable version of a Sight as an iFrame or link. This is mainly due to security concerns as anyone with access to your web page (or link) could make any edits they want to the Sight.

When you have a moment, please submit a Product Enhancement Request using the form under Quick links on the right of the community site and let our Product team know that you'd like to see this added to the application.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Morri,

If the interactive features of the Sight are setup properly, you don't need to have an editable version on the website.

Any Reports that can be accessed (fully, by clicking on it) must have permissions to open in Smartsheet. To resolve that, add published links to the Report instead of links to the Report itself.

For Forms, the Shortcut widget lets you have any URL and each Form has its own.

If you really are trying to edit from the website, don't. :)

I hope that helps.

Craig