Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Alert when a row has not been updated in the last 14 days

Options
Kathryn Duff
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

A project lead has requested an alert that sends to him when a row (assigned to a project manager) has not been updated in the last 14 days. 

My attemtps at a solution:

1: Include the system column (Modified - Date)

2: Trying to apply conditional formatting to make it easily visible when viewing

3: Can't seem to work out way to set an alert based on this. Would I need to just send all rows he leads on every 14 days and then he would need to look at the modified column for the formatting?

Any ideas...

Thanks

Comments

• Joel Johnson
    Options

One idea I might try is to use the reminders function under alerts.  You will need to create another Date column based on your last modified column with the equation "=DATEONLY(Modified1)".  Then set a reminder on the Date Only Column for 14 days After the DATEONLY field.

See the attached screenshot, I think this would work. There may be other ways to do it, but this seems the simplest to me.  Good Luck!

14dayreminder.PNG

This discussion has been closed.