Recurring Backup - Failed Notification

Preston
Preston ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have recurring backups setup, and normally I receive an email notification. However, that did not happen as it normally does. Is there something going on with that specific notification or is there something broader happening with email notifications in general?

Comments

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/12/18

Mine came through as usual late in the day on Saturday. I downloaded the backups as usual early on Sunday morning. Several months ago I had a similar problem. It turned out to be due to a particular Smartsheet that had a problem that caused it to not open and stopped the backup process. Sorry, I can't remember what the problem was though.

Update: I kept the old emails about this problem. I had a sheet that would not open and the only way to fix the problem was to make a copy of it from the Home location keeping all the incoming links. The copy opened fine so I deleted the bad Smartsheet and after that the backups have worked fine. Fortunately the bad sheet only had a couple of outgoing links to restore.

• Ric T
    Ric T ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Preston and @Jim Hook,

Reviving an old thread, but experiencing the same issue described where I'm able to "View Recent Backups" when scheduling a recurring backup for a workspace, however I do not get the usual email notification since the start of 2024. Were you able resolve this?

Cheers,

Ric

• Preston
    Preston ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ric T The recurring backups have been intermittently delayed since I posted this. Sometimes the notification comes 24 hours later. Sometimes it's a few days later.