Notifications Don't Work

Options
Veronica de Capileira
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Why aren't my notifications working?  I can't seem to get them to send when I make changes in my sheet, but my coworkers get the emails.

Comments

• Alison
    Alison Employee
    Options

Hello Veronica,

Thank you for this question!  Sometimes the notification settings can be tricky!

As you're getting up to speed with notifications, you may want to create some notification rules and then make changes to a sheet to see the resulting notification.  When you do this, you should be aware that receiving notifications for changes that you make is a setting that you control.  

To control whether you receive notification about changes that you make to sheets: Click Account > Personal Settings, and click Notifications in the left panel.  

Under "Communication Preferences" check or uncheck the "Include my changes in sheet notifications" checkbox.

Further information on this can be found here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/542904-using-notifications

Please let me know if this doesn't seem to be the case and I'll be glad to look into it.  If so, could you provide a screenshot of the notification rule and let me know what users do receive them?  If you'd rather share that with the Support team, you can do that here: www.smartsheet.com/gethelp

Kind regards,

Alison

Smartsheet Support

• benoitpou
    Options

i have the same problem here. i've tried a new sheet , shared with another user (different email) who use only the ios app. he can access the sheet. if i ask for a update on a task, he will get the notification, but if i made a change or add a task in the sheet, he don't receive notification. everything in the ios app is allowed

• Alison
    Alison Employee
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for asking this!  Could I have you send a screenshot of the notification setup?

Is this automated rule set to trigger based on an update to the row?  It sounds like this user may be receiving manual Update Requests but not automated ones, so I would be happy to take a look at that rule to see what may be happening.

Is the rule set up to trigger right away?  This can be checked in "Delivery Settings."

Kind regards,

Alison

Smartsheet Support

• benoitpou
    Options

the option it's already at right away. i'm not receiving email notification and no notification in the app either. can i receive a notification by the app?

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

• Alison
    Alison Employee
    Options

Hi Benoit,

Thank you for clarifying this.  I know you mentioned that everything in the iOS app is allowed; could I have you clarify this?

Could I have you verify that your settings look like this under "Account" > "Personal Settings" > "Notifications"?  This will allow you to receive notifications yourself of changes made by yourself.

For the other user, could I have you make sure they also have those mobile push notification settings enabled?

Kind regards,

Alison

Smartsheet Support

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 9.42.17 AM.png

• benoitpou
    Options

it' s look like it's working now. Thank you very much. i think it was i have change the rules setting and i have not wait enough time . it's look like i got a delay like 4-5 minutes between the change and the notification, my bad.

thank you very much for the super fast support :)

• Alison
    Alison Employee
    Options

Hello Benoit,

Great!  So glad to hear that it is all ok.  If you have further questions, you can always submit a Support ticket here!

Have a great day!

Alison

Smartsheet Support

• Art Davida
    Options

I have the proper personal settings for notification, but there is still a delay in alerts cloud propagation anywhere from minutes to several hours

• gm107791
    Options

Where I can find the Edit Rule and Delivery Settings. 

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

It's in the automation section for each rule.

More info: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2476191-save-time-and-work-faster-with-automated-workflows

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.