=NETDAYS([Expected Finish Launch Date]48, [Planned Finish Launch Date]48) returns 1 when date is the

Options

Using formula as follows should return with a 0 if the dates are the same. Why is it returning a 1 instead? A similar formula if used in Excel will return a 0, so I would assume Smartsheets would do the same. Am I missing something in the formula?

Thanks,

Lawrence

Comments

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If it's in a project template, Smartsheet may be allocating a full workday to the date range. Smartsheet also doesn't deal with times very well and UTC vs Local time can cause issues with the displayed date being different to the underlying system date.

So [Expected Finish Launch Date]48 may be starting at 9am and [Planned Finish Launch Date]48 may finish at 5pm. Or the dates may even be treated by Smartsheet as different (despite the date being displayed the same). Someone else out there may know more about this.

I know it's weird behaviour, but if it's consistent then you can possibly counteract it by changing the formula to =NETDAYS([Expected Finish Launch Date]48, [Planned Finish Launch Date]48) -1

Or I could just be speaking waffling off on a tangent and be completely wrong smiley

• Lawrence Ough
    Options

Thanks, Chris! I agree with your theory, and your formula suggestion is just what I needed. Thanks so much!!

Regards,

Lawrence

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My pleasure Lawrence

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!