Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Consistent action when using scroll bar

Options
Craig Thomas
Craig Thomas ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Not sure if this is due to my browser or the smartsheet program...  (using the most recent version of Firefox (40.0.3), Windows 7 with Service Pack 1)

I'll use the terminology as defined here: http://www.edm2.com/0309/intropm.html

When clicking in the slider area, most Windows applications advance by one screen, but I find smartsheet sometimes increments by one or two lines of tasks, and sometimes by a whole page.  I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason as to when it increments by a little bit, and when it increases by a whole page.

Anybody else have a similar experience?

Scroll Bar.JPG

Comments

• Amy Johnson
    Options

I just tested this and when clicking in the slider, the sheet scrolls about one "viewable screen area". I did find if I clicked in the slider right next to the thumb, the sheet scrolls less, as the thumb scrolls to where I clicked, but when I click further away, the sheet scrolls one page ("viewable screen area").

If you want more control of scrolling, click and drag the thumb. 

This discussion has been closed.