Formula help for new user

Options

Will anyone be willing to help me with formula in smartsheet. I am new user and have lots of problems I would like to sort out. But let me start with the most urgent.

I have column 1(SA), 2(SB), 3(SC), 4(ST) and would like to have column 5(CLIN) be filled based on column 1,2,3,4. When column 1 will show number (price) than 2,3 and 4 will show $0.00. There would never be number bigger than 0.00 in more than one column. I would like to achieve that when column 1 is greater than 0.00 then in column 5 there will be text CLIN - SA, When column 2 is greater then 0.00 then column 5 is CLIN - SB, column 3 greater then 0.00 - CLIN -SC, column 4 greater then 0.00 then column 5 CLIN - ST.

Rafal

Tags:

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you screenshot a picture of your headers? That would help us see what you are talking about. 

• AircraftLog
    Options

Total SA, SB, SC, ST as source and I would like to have CLIN - SA, CLIN - SB, CLIN - SC, CLIN - ST from dropped down filled automatically in column "test" .

When there is value in TOTAL SA then CLIN - SA filled in "test" column and the same for other SB, SC,ST

Rafal

Capture.JPG

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try putting this in row 1 and then drag the little square in the bottom right corner to fil it in for the rest of them. As long as only one column has a value greater than 0, you will see the result you're looking for. If two columns have values greater than 0 the one furthest to the right will register. Give it a shot. 

=IF([TOTAL (ST)]1>0, "CLIN - ST", IF([TOTAL (SC)]1>0, "CLIN - SC", IF([TOTAL (SB)]1>0, "CLIN - SB", IF([TOTAL (SA)]1>0, "CLIN - SA")

• AircraftLog
    Options

Thank You.

It is working as desired.

Rafal

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sweet. You're welcome! I'm glad I could assist you. 

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!