Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Resource Views Timeout

Alex Pepper
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone had come accross this particular issue with the Resource Views Timeout.

I'm just starting to apply a resource pool to a worksheet but I'm having real problems reviews the resource allocations via the Resource View Panel as my browser continiously fails to load the project team members and simply times out with the following messsage; "We are unable to load the requested resource view. Please try again in a few minutes."

I can only assume that this must be some form of browser related issue as this issue only occures on my work PC - Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1 Chrome Browser version - 45.0.2454.99

Any ideas or suggestions on how i can fix/resolve this issue?

btw. All other Smartsheet functionality appears to work absolutiely fine.

Alex

Resource Views.png

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Alex, thanks for posting your question! I notice you also emailed Support and Shaine replied with steps to take. As Shaine suggested in his email, its likely our resource management server is being blocked. Please reach out to our IT group and ask them to whitelist the following domains and see if that resolves the issue.

www.smartsheet.com

app.smartsheet.com

mps.smartsheet.com – this one specifically ties into the Resource View access

s3.amazonaws.com

api.smartsheet.com

aws.smartsheet.com

publish.smartsheet.com

s.smartsheet.com

Let me know if this resolves the issue! 

• Gordon
    Gordon ✭✭✭✭✭

We continue to have issues with resource views timing out periodically.  I have verified with our IT staff that none of the domains are blocked and all are whitelisted.  I'm also using a dedicated browser (Firefox 47.0.1) on a "clean" install (no extensions), but we still have issues that recur at least once or twice a week, and several of our users have similar timeout issues.  This has been the most disappointing part of our Smartsheet experience, and unfortunately we are heavily reliant on the resource view.  I'm hoping that there can be some improvements made in the near future to address these issues.

• Ummm... This is a problem for us as well. Going to log it with the help desk but would be interested to hear if anyone found out how to fix this.

• Gordon
    Gordon ✭✭✭✭✭

We still continue to have issues with resource view errors and timeouts, along with occasional slow loading.  I've given up on troubleshooting with Smartsheet support - the issues are prevalent across many different users machines, browsers and locations that leads me to conclude that it's a Smartsheet problem, not user related.

As I mentioned before, the quality and reliability of the resource view is the most disappointing aspect of our Smartsheet experience thus far.

• Sean Mollison
    edited 04/04/17

Thanks Gordon  -- Support asked me to clear cache and cookies etc. See below - 

Thank you for contacting Smartsheet Support. To troubleshoot your Resource View issue, can you please clear the cache on your browser, close the browser and then re-login to Smartsheet and see if you encounter the same problem. 

You can clear your browser cache/cookies in Chrome by going to the controls icon and selecting Tools > Clear Browsing Data. In the dialog that appears, select the check-boxes for at least "the last 4 weeks," and make sure the boxes for “empty the cache” and “delete cookies” are checked. If you continue to have issues, try the same steps again and choose "the beginning of time" for the time-frame.

At the moment, it is working for me but I am going to continue following this thread and will advise if it returns.

Kindest

This discussion has been closed.