Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Is there a way to round up in 15 minute increments in Smartsheet?

hschardi
hschardi
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Is there a way to round up in 15 minute increments in Smartsheet?  What's the formula for it if I can?  I know there is a roundup formula but that doesn't allow you to round up in 15 min increments.

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

It is possible to round to a set number of decimal places but our formulas do not support time (yet). If you would like to give me information on your use case for rounding in 15 minute increments, I can pass your suggestion along to our Product team. 

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What is the format and range of the incoming data? If the time format is simply minutes and the range of time is, say, 2 hours or 120 minutes, in an adjacent cell you could write a nested IF formula that would round the first 1 - 14 minutes to 15, 16 to 29 minutes to 30, etc. Handling all eight 15 minute sections would make for a long nested IF statement but it would work fine.

This discussion has been closed.