Linking to a published report from a word document.

Ad_Astra
Ad_Astra ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I publish a report in calendar view for our staff to view upcoming programs, see their status, notes etc, and one member of our staff uses this for a staff newsletter each week. This link is saved in a word document.

Just this week, after the recent roll-out of the UI upgrade, when following the link from the word document, it opens a window indicating that the browser is incompatible. However pasting the link directly into the browser works just fine. There was no issue following the link from the word document only a week ago. 

Does anyone else have the same problem or have an idea of what may cause it?

Browser: Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Word: Office 2013

Link to a minimal copy of the report to test: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=0ad6b8d9de274379b1b6780d2e9818ba

Tags:

Comments

• Hello,

From looking at your report, I don't see any word documents attached—only .pdf files. Those opened fine in the latest version of Chrome for Mac for me.

Temporarily try a different browser. If it works fine in another browser, try disabling your chrome extensions to see if you still get the issue. If you don't, a chrome extension is interfering with Smartsheet; you can try enabling them one-by-one to find out which specific extension is the offender.

If you get the same issue in a different browser or the other steps above don't work, contact our Support team.