Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Filter based on color

09/29/15 Edited 12/09/19

Is there a way to filter a sheet based on the color of a cell in a particular column?  So, for example, I set up conditional formatting such that when an item is overdue, a particular cell turns red.  I would then like to filter the sheet such that only the items with that cell as red are shown.

Popular Tags:

Comments

• Brett EvansBrett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭

You could add a simple step to make it possible.  

Use your conditional formatting logic to assign a value to a cell in a hidden column. 

Then you can filter on the result in that hidden column.

Good luck,

Brett

• I don't see a way to do that.  Please advise.  Thanks!!

• Brett EvansBrett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭

Create a new column, call it desiredcolor.

Add logic to new column such as IF( %complete < 1, IF( [Assigned To]6 = "Erika", "Red", "Green"), "Green")

In your conditional formatting create a rule - "If desiredcolor is Red apply this Formatiing to entire row."  And set the format for the row; red, bold, strikethru, etc. to be whatever you want.

• Filter your sheet by the same paremeter that you use to set the conditional formatting rule. For example "if due date is in the past and % complete is < 1" (would be two filters).

• Appreciate your feedback, Brett and Bob!  I will try out your ideas.

This discussion has been closed.