Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Can a form be created using multiple sheets?

Options

If not how can i create a one to many releationship with form data entered by users. IE. One tech to enter several parts on the same order. New at Smart sheets thanks for any help to point me in the right direction.

Tags:

Comments

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/06/15
    Options

It is hard to break down exactlywhat you are getting to here.  Could you break out your requirements a little more granularly?  Mock up what you'd like the sheet(s) to look like and then publishing it and attaching that web link is a great way for us to understand where you are trying to go.

thanks,

Brett

• I've attached a picture of the spread sheet i am trying to emulate.

Truck Order.png

• Each a tech will fill this out, and enter an unknow number of items. one time it might only be one item. The next it may be 15 items. I'd like this in some type of form if that is do able in Smartsheet.

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mr Control,

After that do you want all of the entries to roll up to one sheet.  Or would you want them to roll up one sheet for each Truck or Tech?

The sheet pictured above is easy peasy, but if you think of the whole system from the get go, you get a better design.

-Brett

• Victor van R
    Victor van R ✭✭✭
    edited 10/07/15
    Options

You may want to do this through a Master sheet and underlying sheets with cell linking. Get the fowm for the Master sheet and 'feed' the entries through cell linking to the underlying ones. 

Does this help? 

• luis.petacci109426
    Options

Has anyone figure this one out.  I need a similar solution with a Header file and a Detailed files.   The secondary "Detailed" files would have multiple lines for the same Header.  

Similar to entering an invoice where the customer information is in the Header file and the Line numbers with the product info is in a secondary file.  

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.