Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smartsheet Merge for Google Docs

Karen Sabourin
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Has anyone successfully used conditional formatting (i.e. if/then statemnets) within smartsheet merge to google docs?

Comments

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What do you mean by this? What are you trying to accomplish / what is your use case for this?

conditional formatting is used to apply formatting to cells in your sheet. Are you trying to get the formatting added to the Google Doc?

• I understand how this was confusing.  

We would like to have multiple rows summarized into one page of a gogole doc.  In typical systems you can say something like {{next record"}}.  This was it does not move to the next page of the document with each new row.  Is this possible?

And as a second part we would also love to say if the item has a certain criteria to move onto the next entry.  These are all items that can be done with a standard word processing mail merge.

• Hello Karen,

Unfortunately at this time conditional formatting (logical formatting) is not supported using the Google Merge addon. 

I will pass this information over to the product team though to see if it's viable for a future release.

Cheers,

Joseph

• Hi,

I've just started using Smartsheet Merge for exporting data into a Creative Brief form. 

Here's my question: When a checkbox is checked in a Smartsheet column, can Merge be used to display the checkbox?

Right now, I only see the boolean displayed. It reads the word "true."

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Thank you, Monica Evanchik

This discussion has been closed.