Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Reports using checkboxes

2»

Comments

• Richard Stanton
    Richard Stanton ✭✭✭
    edited 05/06/15

Following as suggested. 

Been battling this this issue for 24 hours thinking we were doing something wrong. Happy to hear it's not our end. Hopefully will be resolved quickly. 

Thanks

• It appears that the reports update to the correct information overnight. Maybe it just takes a few hours for the effects to take place, or they're doing something overnight that's working. I don't know. 

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thankful that the Reporting issues are seemingly fixed and working - extend my thanks to those who worked on restoring/correcting the issue(s)!

Blessings,

Loann

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 05/19/15

Hi Everyone! Our Operations team has deployed additional reporting infrastructure to address the issues you have been experiencing over the last couple days. All reporting traffic is being routed to this new infrastructure and your reports should now be running as expected with accurate information and without errors. We are continuing to monitor the reporting system to ensure consistence performance. 

Thank you all for your patience while we worked through this! 

Sign up to be alerted of any future issues through our status page: http://status.smartsheet.com

• Thanks for fixing this!

Still can't edit some cells in report...

Column has same name in different sheets. Some I can edit, others not.

Maybe the columns that I can't edit were created after creating the report.

Does somebody have the same issue?

Or knows how to resolve this?

(If needed I'll open a new discussion.)

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Bram - Some cells and columns are not editable in reports. For example, cells with formulas, End Date columns associated with dependencies, and any Start Date driven by a predecessor cannot be edited in reports. 

Also, while the column names might be the same across sheets, if they are different column types, they will show up as separate columns in a report. Check to make sure the similar columns across your sheets are the same column type. 

• @Travis:

Thanks for the info. This is not the case. It's a column named 'priority' with a drop down menu that isn't editable in a report. I can edit cells in the report of rows that are created after creating the column. Also, the columns 'priority' of the different sheets are the same type.

So I created a sheet 'To Do' without the column 'priority', let's say on May 1st. Then I created a report 'All To Do' where I pull in the sheet 'To Do'. After that I created a column in sheet 'To Do' called 'piority', let's say on May 10th. In the report I can edit cells in the column 'priority' of the report 'All To Do' but only cells of rows that are created after May 10th. I can't edit cells in the report created prior of May 10th in the sheet.

• @Travis

Okay, my bad. It was a typo that causes the problem. As simple as that.
    One column was named 'priority', the other 'piority'. Embarassed

The report works fine now.
    So case closed.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 05/12/15

Thanks for letting us know, Bram! Happy to hear everything is working as expected Laughing

• I am having this issue as of this morning. Checkboxes are not removing the row from the report, and the sort feature is not working properly. It is not correctly sorting numerical values in either ascending or decending orientation.

JPL

• Kennedy Stomps
    Kennedy Stomps Employee
    edited 06/03/16

Hi Joe--I just manually refreshed your sheets and reports from our back end, which may resolve this issue. If not, please share your report and at least one source sheet with me at Kennedy.Stomps@Smartsheet.com with Admin permissions so I can look into this further.

• Does anyone know how to change the checkbox text in the export to Excel? The default is "TRUE" if the checkbox is checked.

/r

• Hi Michael-- There isn't currently a way to change the text that appears when sheets are exported to Excel. If you are looking to change these values after export, you'd need to make these changes in Excel. 

• Michael Smith
    edited 09/01/16

Not a problem Kennedy. It's an quick find and replace all. :-)

This discussion has been closed.