Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sharing filtered information only

Options

I want to use SS to share information with two of my supply chain who are competitors.  Therefore I want to filter out the information which applies to each company, and only allow them to see this info.  Is there a way to share the sheet with filters applied? or if the sheet is shared will they be able to view the entire sheet?

Thanks

Comments

• Joel Johnson
    Options

I would suggest making a custom report based on your sheet.  One report for each company.  You can filter out information that way.

If you don't want them as actual users in your Smartsheet Files, you could publish the reports as read only and only give them the URL link that applies to them.

• Zack S
    Zack S Employee
    Options

Hello Garry, 

While reports would be the best way to share a filtered set of information from a sheet, if they need to be able to edit that information, they'll also need to be shared to the source sheet. Here is our help link on creating reports: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/522214. If the users aren't shared to the source sheet, the report won't pull in any information. 

If they don't need to edit the data then Joel's suggestion would be best. You can create the report yourself, and then publish the report, which will create a URL. You can then share the URL with the users and they will see a Read Only version of the report as you see it. 

-Zack S

• Charlotte Burrell
    edited 04/03/17
    Options

I, too, need the same function!  We have providers that only need to see the filtered sheet.  A way to share the sheet with a locked filter for those providers!

This discussion has been closed.