Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Export Web Form

Ella Jewett
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hello. I am trying to use SmartSheet as a relacement for an audit form. There about 90 questions on the audit that would be answered with a selection of A, B, or C. Ideally, those would be checkboxes, but the sheet does not allow duplicate names in the columns.

I would like to be able to pull a clear report from the data entered. Similar to the attached document (what I am modeling my SmartSheet after.) The easiest way, to me, seems to be exporting the WebForm that is filled out. Is there any way to export a web form as a PDF or somwhere along those lines? Or, do you have any suggestions on how to acheive the report I'm looking to generate?

SharePoint Discussion.PNG

Comments

• Zack S
    Zack S Employee
    edited 10/21/15

Hello Ella, 

At this time, there isn't a way to export a web form, or a row in web form manner, but I'll add your vote for this capability to our enhancement request list. 

Once you've built the web form to gather the inforamtion you've described each submission will come in as a single row with a column for each answer, having eithr A, B or C. You can view the row within the sheet or within a report as a way to report on the data, but it won't be able to be formatted in a similar manner to what you've shown. 

You can build a Report (http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/522214) as a way to report on this information if you wish, but this will be in a similar grid/spreadsheet layout. The Report would be useful to pull multiple submissions into one location that meet a certain criteria. 

-Zack

• Ella Jewett
    edited 10/27/15

Thanks for the reply Zack!

Is there any way to bypass the "columns cannot have the same title?" As you can see, I would like to have multiple areas that allow the choice-- A, B or C. Is this possible? If not, is there an alternative that you can think of?

Thanks,

Ella

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Ella, when building your web form, you can add a custom label for any column/field which will enable you to add multiple A/B/C fields to a web form.

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 9.27.13 AM.png

• tylermh
    tylermh ✭✭✭✭✭

Zack,

Since it's been nearly two years since your post, is there an update to this feature being available? (ability to create a PDF of a web form entry once it exists as a row of data in Smartsheet)

Tyler

• I agree, 

Have we learned anything new?

• HI Zack, 

Has there been any update?

Thanks 

-Alex

This discussion has been closed.