Filter based on Date

megtimmi
megtimmi
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

In my sheet I would like to create a filter that hides the completed items that have been checked off but I want to modify it so that the checked items stay shown for a week after they are checked and then start to be hidden after the week. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

One way that you could do this is with the help of a modified date column. More information on this column type is available in the help center: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/1964567-system-columns

You could then create a filter based off of the modified date column and your completed items column. (Example screenshot attached.)

One point of note is that the filter won't automatically update as information changes. You'll want to get into the habit of removing and re-enabling the filter for it to filter out the most current results.

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 9.14.45 AM.png

• Thank you! The only thing is that when an item is complete we just use the checkboxes to check them off and the filter we had been using just hides all items that are checked off. What I want it to do instead is to hide the checked off items a week after they are checked. If you know a solution to that that'd be great!!