Cannot Copy Chart Formats with New Data

Chris McCord
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

When I copy a graph on the dashboard it keeps the same formats (color scheme, grid lines, etc.), however when I change the data I want to look at it completely reverts back to defaults even if the data is the same # of cells and the same type of cells. Is there any way to keep the same formats but change the data being looked at?

In the exact example I have a series of 12 cells all in the same row that I'm pulling from into a chart; and, when I want to create a new graph, I just need to grab the data from the 12 cells underneath the previous data set and create a graph with that data. So when I copy the previous data's graph everything looks great, but when I change the data being grabbed by hitting the "Edit Data" button it will then automatically revert to defaults.

Thank you for your help,

-Chris

Comments

• Hi Chris,

As you've found, the chart widget will revert back to default settings if a new data set is selected. There currently isn't a way to prevent this behavior from happening when working with the chart widget.

When you have a moment, please submit a Product Enhancement Request using the form under Quick links on the right of the community site to let our Product team know that you'd like to see your settings preserved when a new data set is selected in the charts widget.