Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Support

Roger Fisher
Roger Fisher ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I can't be the first one to ask for this, but OneDrive doesn't yield a hit when searched for? Is attachments from OneDrive on the roadmap?

Tags:

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Roger - while there isn’t a direct integration between OneDrive and Smartsheet, you can attach OneDrive files to your sheet through the Attachments function. When in the Attachments menu, select Attach > Link (URL). Here you can attach any URL - including files from OneDrive, websites, etc to your sheet. From OneDrive, you will first need to produce a public URL for the file, then copy and paste the URL into Smartsheet. 

To produce a URL for a file, right click on the file in OneDrive and select Share > Get a link.

• Alex Vorobiev
    Alex Vorobiev ✭✭✭✭✭

Roger - the OD is on the roadmap.  We are pretty anxious to add it, just waiting for MSFT to complete a key dependency (component) required for the integration.  At that point we will enable a One Drive for Biz integration, and may also enable a consumer One Drive as well.

• Joel Bond
    Joel Bond
    edited 05/23/15

Will this also include onedrive  for home? 

• Alex Vorobiev
    Alex Vorobiev ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep - that's what I meant by "consumer OneDrive".  That's the long term plan, but the exact timing has not yet been locked down.  I will take note of your request and add your vote in favor.  Cheers

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭

We are moving to Office365 (tomorrow!) and OneDrive will be a major enhancement. If there's an update on the timeline, I'm most interested.

Blessings,

Loann

• Alex Vorobiev
    Alex Vorobiev ✭✭✭✭✭

Loann - we are waiting to hear from Microsoft.  As soon as we have more information, we will post an update here.

Cheers

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Alex. In the meantime, we'll be using the URL option for OneDrive. So far, I'm pleased with the improvements MS has made to their Office Suite for online.

Blessings,

Loann

• +1 for OneDrive for Biz integration!

• Pam Tadsen
    Pam Tadsen ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/06/16

I am trying to attach a file using OneDrive. As this is a new integration tool, I cannot seem to find anything on the steps. I've hit Attach, OneDrive, located my file, and then...? There is not a select option that attaches the file. If I click on the left column to select the file, I can share (with other people), get a link, download, delete, move to, copy to, and rename. Am I just missing a step here?

Thanks!

• Hi Pam,

Once you open the onedrive picker and select a file there should be a blue "Open" button on the bottom right edge of the window. I've attached a screenshot below of what it looks like on my machine with the Open button circled in red:

If you don't see the Open button on your side, please send a screenshot along with which browser and operating system you're using to our support team. Please include whether your using OneDrive (personal) or OneDrive for Business.

Scott Willeke | Smartsheet
    Sr. Product Manager, Strategic Integrations 
    scott.willeke@smartsheet.com

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 11.36.41 AM.png

• Pam Tadsen
    Pam Tadsen ✭✭✭✭✭

Email and screen shot sent. Thanks for taking a look at it!

• Hi Pam,

Thanks for sending the additional information to our support team. We were able to get in touch with Microsoft on this and Microsoft confirmed that this is a known issue that only occurs with Internet Explorer when Sharepoint/O365 is in Internet Explorer’s Trusted Zone but Smartsheet is not. The issue can be resolved by either adding Smartsheet.com to Internet Explorer's Trusted Zone or removing their Sharepoint/O365 site from Internet Explorer's Trusted Zone. Microsoft is working on a resolution to this problem.

Scott Willeke | Smartsheet
    Sr. Product Manager, Strategic Integrations 
    scott.willeke@smartsheet.com

• Pam Tadsen
    Pam Tadsen ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott,

Thanks so much for following up and letting me know how to resolve this issue! As we have a Smartsheet with numerous attachments that we want to maintain access to - through the sheet - this will prove extremely helpful!

• Todd Farrell
    edited 05/11/16

Is there any movement on OneDrive for business integration? This is a feature we really need. I realize it can be done with links but for usablity direct integration like Google has is necessary for our workflow. - Thanks

This discussion has been closed.