Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Support

Options
Roger Fisher
Roger Fisher ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I can't be the first one to ask for this, but OneDrive doesn't yield a hit when searched for? Is attachments from OneDrive on the roadmap?

Tags:

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Roger - while there isn’t a direct integration between OneDrive and Smartsheet, you can attach OneDrive files to your sheet through the Attachments function. When in the Attachments menu, select Attach > Link (URL). Here you can attach any URL - including files from OneDrive, websites, etc to your sheet. From OneDrive, you will first need to produce a public URL for the file, then copy and paste the URL into Smartsheet. 

To produce a URL for a file, right click on the file in OneDrive and select Share > Get a link.

• Alex Vorobiev
    Alex Vorobiev ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Roger - the OD is on the roadmap.  We are pretty anxious to add it, just waiting for MSFT to complete a key dependency (component) required for the integration.  At that point we will enable a One Drive for Biz integration, and may also enable a consumer One Drive as well.

• Joel Bond
    Joel Bond
    edited 05/23/15
    Options

Will this also include onedrive  for home? 

• Alex Vorobiev
    Alex Vorobiev ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep - that's what I meant by "consumer OneDrive".  That's the long term plan, but the exact timing has not yet been locked down.  I will take note of your request and add your vote in favor.  Cheers

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We are moving to Office365 (tomorrow!) and OneDrive will be a major enhancement. If there's an update on the timeline, I'm most interested.

Blessings,

Loann

• Alex Vorobiev
    Alex Vorobiev ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Loann - we are waiting to hear from Microsoft.  As soon as we have more information, we will post an update here.

Cheers

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Alex. In the meantime, we'll be using the URL option for OneDrive. So far, I'm pleased with the improvements MS has made to their Office Suite for online.

Blessings,

Loann

• Jorge Castilla
    Options

+1 for OneDrive for Biz integration!

• Pam Tadsen
    Pam Tadsen ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/06/16
    Options

I am trying to attach a file using OneDrive. As this is a new integration tool, I cannot seem to find anything on the steps. I've hit Attach, OneDrive, located my file, and then...? There is not a select option that attaches the file. If I click on the left column to select the file, I can share (with other people), get a link, download, delete, move to, copy to, and rename. Am I just missing a step here?

Thanks!

• Scott Willeke
    Options

Hi Pam,

Once you open the onedrive picker and select a file there should be a blue "Open" button on the bottom right edge of the window. I've attached a screenshot below of what it looks like on my machine with the Open button circled in red:

If you don't see the Open button on your side, please send a screenshot along with which browser and operating system you're using to our support team. Please include whether your using OneDrive (personal) or OneDrive for Business.

Scott Willeke | Smartsheet
    Sr. Product Manager, Strategic Integrations 
    scott.willeke@smartsheet.com

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 11.36.41 AM.png

• Pam Tadsen
    Pam Tadsen ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Email and screen shot sent. Thanks for taking a look at it!

• Scott Willeke
    Options

Hi Pam,

Thanks for sending the additional information to our support team. We were able to get in touch with Microsoft on this and Microsoft confirmed that this is a known issue that only occurs with Internet Explorer when Sharepoint/O365 is in Internet Explorer’s Trusted Zone but Smartsheet is not. The issue can be resolved by either adding Smartsheet.com to Internet Explorer's Trusted Zone or removing their Sharepoint/O365 site from Internet Explorer's Trusted Zone. Microsoft is working on a resolution to this problem.

Scott Willeke | Smartsheet
    Sr. Product Manager, Strategic Integrations 
    scott.willeke@smartsheet.com

• Pam Tadsen
    Pam Tadsen ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Scott,

Thanks so much for following up and letting me know how to resolve this issue! As we have a Smartsheet with numerous attachments that we want to maintain access to - through the sheet - this will prove extremely helpful!

• Todd Farrell
    edited 05/11/16
    Options

Is there any movement on OneDrive for business integration? This is a feature we really need. I realize it can be done with links but for usablity direct integration like Google has is necessary for our workflow. - Thanks

This discussion has been closed.