Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Format date in project schedule to include day of week

Options
Amanda B
Amanda B
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hello,

Is there a way to change the format of the date within a project schedule to include the day of the week? Right now the format is 5/13/15, where it'd be much easier to read & use if it was Wed 5/13/15.

any help is appreciated.

Comments

• BobbyLite
    Options

I have asked about this before, there isn’t a way to show the week name in a Date column but day names can be displayed in the Gantt chart. You can use the Gantt to show you the day of the week a task starts or finishes.

• Amanda B
    Options

Thanks! That's lame, though. Seems like an easy thing to do.

• John Sauber
    John Sauber ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can get to what you want by using a version of the formula in the discussion here with some text and date concatenation.

• Shad Interligi
    edited 08/07/15
    Options

i am also having a really hard tim egetting this to work. i tried to copy other peoples work arounds but have not had any luck making them work. adding the DAY of the week to a calendar entry is critical for us. has anyone figured out a failproof way of doing this?

• Marc
    Options

Add me to the list. In order to get uptake for this at my organization I think we'll really need an easy way to get day of the week implemented somehow into the timeline. I was unable to follow those formula examples.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.