Adding a link to specific row on a sheet

WSadmin2
WSadmin2
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a sheet that has hundreds of rows and want to add an anchor type link to the top of that sheet so that I can easily go to a specific row within that sheet.  Can someone help me with this?  

Tags:

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This feature is not available in Smartsheet.

With the Sheet, Ctrl+G is the go-to command, but you need to know the row number you want to go to and this can not be embedded in a cell or formula.

I suggest you submit an enhancement request (using the link to the right)

Craig

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/17/18

Hi,

I have a workaround that might help. 

1. Create a Table of content section in the sheet (at the top)
    2. Create a new column (Count)
    3. Use the following formula in the Count column.

=1 + 0 (Copy down the whole sheet)
    4. Create a new column (RowID)
    5. Use the following formula in the RowID column, cell 1.  =COUNT(Count$1:Count@row) (Copy down the whole sheet)
    6. Create a new column (Row)
    7. Use the following formula in the Row column.

="CTRL/CMD+G " + RowID@row
    8. Link the different sections of the sheet to the ToC in the at the top with the following formula. =Row16 (for row 16)
    9. Try it by pressing the CTRL/CMD + G combination and type the number from the ToC section that you want to jump to.
    10. You can also combine the Row and Task Name column and hide the Count, RowID and Row columns.

Please see the attached link/screenshot for more information.

https://cl.ly/d71b0a

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the semi-colon to a comma in the above formulas.

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Ford
    Ford ✭✭

Select the row of interest, Properties, Copy Link.

Post he link wherever you need.

When needed click on it, and WAIT.  At least in my case (500 rows and 124 columns) nothing will happen until 40 sec later. Then suddenly the row will be selected automatically

• That doesnt open up a form tho. Is there a way to to make it an update request link