Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

linking cell data across multiple sheets to capture changes made on master sheet

Tanya Watts
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

ex.

Master Sheet - all changes, updates and final information

Trailer Sheet - info from Master gets copied to trailer

Avail Sheet - info from Master gets copied to avail

Is there a way I can ensure that my data changes on the master sheet are rolling up on the alternate sheets that house the same data?

Thank you

Tanya

Tags:

Comments

• BobbyLite
    BobbyLite
    edited 03/04/16

As long as your cells are linked, you can rest assured knowing the changes will be reflected in the destination sheets. If you add new rows, you will need to link them manually (it won’t auto link new rows). You might be able to use reports which will automatically bring in rows from multiple sheets into a single report based on criteria your specify. 

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭

When you are viewing your master sheet and someone makes a change to one of your trailer sheets you will see a notification that cell link has made updates to the sheet. Just refresh the master sheet to see the changes. I have sheets linked several layers deep and it takes a few seconds for a change on the first sheet to ripple through all the others to reach a summary sheet. One of the convenient features of Smartsheet linking is that if you drag and drop a row on your master sheet to a different location all the links move with it.

This discussion has been closed.