Project Column Creaion.

Najeeb Ullah
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi all,

I have approx. 200 projects on Microsoft Project Server and now I want to migrates all these projects to smart sheet but unfortunately, a lot of project columns are not migrated to smart sheet and now my question is that how will I create a single column for bulk of projects.e.g Project ID column to show for all smart sheet project.

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is this one question or two?

If you use the Smartsheet import, you are stuck with its limitations. For 200 projects, I would start with one or at most a handful to make sure you have a full understanding of all the changes needed post-import and then I would likely write an API integration to import the rest. It depends on where the work is as doing the API for post-import may also work. If it takes only 15 minutes per project to import and change, that is still a week of effort.

For the second, part (how to show...), check out Reports.

Craig

• Hi J Craig Willliams,

Thanks for your prompt reply I had asked a single question and my question was.

1. Create a column titled Project ID in smart sheet
    2. Is there is any possibility to show/populated this column for all other projects? Otherwise, this activity (as discussed in Point # 1) will repeat for all 750 projects it means a lot of work.