Using the Updates Feature with Formulas

Julie Green
Julie Green ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

First of all, I want to say thank you for updating the "Manage Alerts and Actions" Section and the sheet level option for "Request an Update"   I now have the option to set this on a master sheet and not have to recreate the alerts in every new sheet.   I have figured out that we can add a column with the formula "Today" and filter the alerts to send a notification with another date in the sheet (Due Date) is in the past and the status is not completed.  the filter option is fantastic. 

I would; however, like the option to do this without required a date in the row that is today's date.  But this will work for now.  

But is there anyway that when the "update my sheet" notifications are sent to the assignee, they can have the ability to change dates that are created based on a formula?  We have a formula setup to give an idea of tentative dates for meetings and due dates based on a project Go live.  We change these dates as we go along based on scheduling needs.  The date is really there as a guide.  If I do not lock the row, all my users have the abiility to change this date.  However; they do not have this option from the email sent with the update requests.   As  a workspace owner, I do not have this option either.  Is there a setting I am missing? 

screenshot attached 

Open Update Rows with Formulas.JPG

Comments