Please help with an a SUMIF formula

Options
amanda_d
amanda_d
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

I have a spread sheet with a column (with a formula) that counts how many days it took for each project to get from one department to the next. I am trying to figure out a formula to add all those days together but just from a specific month in 2018... I will eventually have to do this for each month for the next couple years. Please help!

Comments

• amanda_d
    Options

This is what I have come up with so far

=SUMIFS([Job Started]6:[Job Started]619, AND(@cell >= DATE(2019, 1, 1), @cell < DATE(2019, 2, 1)), [Days From KAS to Invoicing]6:[Days From KAS to Invoicing]619)

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

With SUMIFS, you specify the criteria RANGE before the criteria. So your range is [Days From KAS to Invoicing]6:[Days From KAS to Invoicing]619 and your criteria is AND(@cell >= DATE(2019, 1, 1), @cell < DATE(2019, 2, 1)).

Try switching those around and see if that works. If you are looking for a specific month/year combo, you could also use something along the lines of this for your criteria...

AND(MONTH(@cell) = ##, YEAR(@cell) = ##)

Just replaces the #'s with whatever numbers you want. It may be a little easier to update, but that's just a personal preference.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!