Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Cell linking from Report?

Options
2»

Comments

• Peter Korytko
    Options

It would be great to have a feature to link from reports to a sheet so that we can continue with data calculations after a report curates the info from multiple sheets.

For example,  A report filters out relevant data and pulls that data from Sheets 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5... Thereafter, key info from the report can then be linked to a sheet for more calculations. 

This allows for just a subset of info to be pulled from sheets for further calculation without linking a large number of sheets manually. 

I did not see anything about this at Engage 2018. 

• Chris Land
    Options

I would like this feature too as well as the ability to use vlookup to pull from reports.

• MK
    MK
    Options

I need this feature as well.  Its been 3 years, please work on this instead of tool tips on columns. 

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Original poster back again - we would really love this feature. Especially with the new update, "Paste Special" with cell link is moderately useless because of the tab feature. We can't copy + paste special from one tab to the other - have to copy from one sheet, navigate to the next sheet within the same tab then copy. Anything that can make our lives easier is, I think, the best thing Smartsheet can do!

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Couldn't agree more, Brad!

• MR
    MR ✭✭
    Options

+1 from my side as well...

I have many sheets that contain actions. I have a report that consolidates all these actions in one place. I would then like to make a sprint plan where it is much easy to filter from a report instead of going to different sheets and individually linking cells of actions that need to be brought into this week's sprint plan.

This feature will enhance utility of Smartsheet.

• valerie.menard61506
    edited 01/28/19
    Options

Hi, can't believe it's still not possible to create links from a report, any updates ? 

• HGS
    Options

+1 on this. I also need to link a sheet to a report that has curated information.

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi everyone—

Appreciate your passion for this feature! Please submit your feedback through the Product Enhancement Request form, located under Quick links on the right of the community site.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.