Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Importing an Excel file problems

Options
Ed Perkins
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I have an Excel xlsx file with multiple worksheets.  I first worksheet is the one I am trying to import. and it has only 28 columns and 125 rows.  None of my worksheets have more than 28 columns ofr data or formulas.

When I attemp to import into SmartSheet tells me: "the file you are imports has a worksheet with more than 1556 columns".  

I have a few rows that the fill property has been set for the entire row.  Is that what SmartSheet is looking at?

Comments

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

probably so.I suggest copying the worksheet to upload to its own sheet. Then set the property for just the columns only where there is data and not the entire row and see if that works.

tim

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sometimes Excel files have meta data in columns that appear blank. I would try copying all the data from your Excel file to a new Excel file, then try uploading it. 

This discussion has been closed.