Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sending a report via a SmartSheet Group - owner receives copy?

Options
Andrew Gross
Andrew Gross ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

For a smartsheet report that I own, if I setup a recurring email to a group, and I am in the group, is it by design that I won't receive a copy?

AEG

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

If you are a member of a group and set up a recurring email to that group, you will be included and will also receive the email.

If you are not getting the email, I would check your spam/junk folder. 

Let me know if you are having trouble with this! 

• Andrew Gross
    Andrew Gross ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Travis,

I didn't find the email in spam.  However, it's possible it was there and I had deleted it the last time I cleaned-up spam.  This coming Monday is when this particular recurring email is sent; I will look for it then.

Thanks for your help,

AEG 

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Thanks for the update. Let me know if you get the email Monday!

Also, emails can be stuck in spam filters locally on your computer or on the server level (company spam blocker). If you dont get the email Monday, you might check with your IT department and ask them to whitelist community@smartsheet.com for receiving emails. 

• Andrew Gross
    Andrew Gross ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Travis,  the report went out and team members received it, except I didn't get a copy.  I checked my spam; nothing from Smartsheet.  Also I checked with our email administrator and we don't perform enterprise spam filtering anymore; all filtering is done at the individual account level.  Worth noting I received my usual barrage of Smartsheet notifications without incident.  

Regards, 

AEG

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Lets try this, open a separate report or create a report with some data and set it to send to you (you specifically, not the group) every Tuesday morning and see if you receive it tomorrow.

This will help us narrow down a possible cause. 

I am going to test sending a report to a group I am a member of (scheduled to send tomorrow at 8am). 

• Andrew Gross
    Andrew Gross ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/13/15
    Options

Hi Travis, sorry for the delay.  How did you test go?  I am now setting-up a test, as you requested, but to send every Monday (today is Friday). 

• Andrew Gross
    Andrew Gross ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Travis,

I setup the automated report for this morning, to be sent just to me, and I received it.

Regards, 

AEG

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Hi Andrew - apologies for taking so long to get back to you. I tested this and spoke with our developers. When you set a recurring send to occur to a group, the member of the group who set the recurring send, will not receive the emails. 

I have filed this as a bug with our developers and they will look into it. 

For now, select each user when sending emails, rather than selecting a group.

Thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.