Resource demand, capacity, and utilization management

Options
bonsai,
bonsai,
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello SS Community!  Am fairly new to SS, and was hoping someone might be able to point me to where I might find recommended solutions for resource demand, capacity, and utilization management, using Smartsheet.   I know you can use the timesheet template, but it doesn't really do the job of resource management.  Thank you!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

This is a great starting point: Resource Management and Allocation

I hope this helps you!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome to Smartsheet Bonsai

Depending on what you have used in the past you will either find Smartsheet fantastic or a bit simplistic for resource planning but if you have, or can map out your processes and the views you need to see to start with, then with careful design this is a powerful tool. Not as granular in detail as such as MS Project but far easier to use and better collaboration possibilities.

Designing this from scratch may be a little daunting so why not have a play, remember that even inanimate objects like a JCB or a Training room can have a (fake)  email address and so be tracked as a resource. Grouping your teams together is also a good view using filters. 

Our team at SBP do this as our day job, so if you need / can justify professional help then you can make quick progress cost effectively and have your team enjoying the experience. 

Good luck and happy to answer quick questions on here or use our free one hour consultation service. No commitment. 

RichardR 

SBP