Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Need a Column Property type that is "clock" or "time of day"

Comments

• Patrick Lawler
    edited 10/30/15

Hi Reiner and group,

This exact problem can be solved using Azuqua, an integration partner of Smartsheet. I work for Azuqua and the logging timestamp in a column based on a checkbox being marked (checked) is one of the many scenarios that we enable inside of Smartsheet.

Using Azuqua you can set up a monitor for a change to column and in your particular case check to make sure the checkbox has been marked and then confirming the checkbox has been marked a timestamp / date will be entered into the column you specify.

For your use case you would set up a checkbox for both start and finish. When you mark those checkboxes Azuqua will log a timestamp for each of those actions into the columns you specify and then using a formula you get the exact duration.

If you want to learn more please visit our app listing at Smartsheet here:

https://www.smartsheet.com/apps/azuqua

Please feel free to follow up with me about any questions or more information.

-Patrick

• Yes specific times, i would see as a great addition, I have them on another software, and it assist me with shifts, and irregular, start and finish times.

I did notice, in resources, that they were usually looked at as people, i have a large amount of resouces that are pieces of equipment of sofware associated with that task

I too need a drop down list of Time-Of-Day that I can append to the date so that I can have my developers indicate the time they began on a task and then a time when the task was completed. If this feature is in the works, when is it expected to be emplimented?

• Travis
    Travis Employee

46 - while this functionality is being looked at by our Product team, I dont have any additional information about when it might be developed and released. Stay up to date on what we are working on by checking out our product roadmap: https://www.smartsheet.com/product-roadmap

• Having the ablitiy to schedule down to the hour (or half hour) would help on the Projects that I manage.  We have a number of tasks of short duration and they need to be in sequence during the day.  It would be great to put the time of day and then have the calendar view show those tasks in sequence during the day.

Please enable Time of Day Scheduling.

thks  Allan

• KrisWalsh
    KrisWalsh ✭✭✭✭✭

Add my vote, please!  

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Allan and Kris your votes are added!

• sansern kiattivejsoonthorn
    edited 04/16/16

Dear Robbin and all supporters including smartsheet team,

One more vote for me as well. It was really amazing as due to the google calendar and ical for the calendar merging but the only thing that really missing is that the integration is not yet there to complete the fullfuill of the function. If is there it will be much much appreciated. As I am a clinic owner and the time table including the merging patient info out together is really need or required item. I can see the very big advantage along with the streaght that Smartsheet will be more spread over with this function. 

Hope this will make your team to really make happen. Thank you in advance.

Will wait for this lovely integration. 

Best wishes,

Sam 

• nik.asle
    nik.asle
    edited 04/20/16

is there any progress on this?

we are an event production company and regaularly work in 1 hour or 1/2 hour allotments on our projects

thanks

• Just want to keep this feature on the list for future consideration

• Jarrod
    Jarrod ✭✭

Ditto. I'm disappointed the time support isn't on the product roadmap at the moment, but I'm glad its being considered. We have a whole half of a company waiting for it!

• Here's my vote !  I'm considering the product for managing a 5 day event  - where i'm scheduling hundreds of interviews.  ex:  Table 105  start: 10:05 am   end: 10:15 am  guest: Jim Smith   Host:  Jane Allen.   the guest, Jim, may do 6-8 interviews a day on multiple days  - the host, Jane, will interview up to 15 people each day. I need to share schedues with both guests and hosts.  and be able to see where open interview times are in real time

I'm going to play with test data and see if I can get reports with the needed data.

• I am in much need of doing a 24h clock calculation to create formulas for time duration.

This is much needed and would end a lot of manual calculation and entries.  I don't want to have to go to another app to do it, I would rather see the functionality in Smartsheet!

Thanks

K

• Checking in to ask for a status on this "time" issue. Any hope?

• Jonathan Hospedales
    edited 06/10/16

Is Smartsheet anywhere close to implementing this? Unfortunately I signed up thinking that hourly planning was available and now it looks like I am dead in the water :(

This discussion has been closed.