Dynamic Views- Wrap Text?

Rick_Bailey
Rick_Bailey ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I created a dynamic view for the first time today, but can't seem to get the text on column headers to wrap in the view; I didn't see any option for adjusting the column width either.  Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!

Comments

• IanN
    IanN Employee
    edited 11/09/18

Hi Rick_Bailey,

As you've found, there isn't a way to wrap text within the header in the display of Dynamic View (in Settings this is called the View Display). There also currently isn't a way to adjust the width of those columns, but I've passed your feedback along to our Product Team to consider for future releases. You can also submit your own Product Enhancement Request using the link on the right. 

Though it's not the Header, in the Details Panel view (the view that comes up after you click on a row), you do have the option of expanding text/number field itself. Default setting is single line, but you could expand that to be a multi-line field. This allows the text of the field at least to wrap in that view. 

If you have any further questions about Dynamic View, feel free to submit a ticket to our Support Team here: https://help.smartsheet.com/contact

Thanks!

Ian

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 8.37.37 AM.png

• sstarks
    sstarks ✭✭✭

Having wrap and other control over the columns is something that we would also like to have; especially since the view is so locked down for the user.