Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

A keyboard shortcut to delete the selected row(s)?

Options
Maxim Miller
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I can't find how to delete the selected row using keyboard. I can only do that using mouse.

It's very inconvenient - in MS Project I select entire row using shift+space and press Delete to actually delete it. In Smartsheet when I do that - it just clears the row but keeps it there. It's very inconvenient to have to switch from keyboard to mouse and back all the time. Is there any other way?

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Hi Maxim! There is not a keyboard shortcut which will delete a row but I will add your vote for this to our enhancement request list and it will be considered for future development. 

Thanks! 

• Robin
    Options

Hi Travis,

It's been 4 years since your users reported this expected feature. Has there been any progress on your side?

Like many other users, I get RSI from over-reliance on mouse usage. This damages my productivity and health, so I have been trying to find how to delete a row with the keyboard. So far I have been unsuccessful, please can you tell me how to do it or if there is a workaround?

Kind regards,

Robin

• Thomas W
    Options

It's been years... please add this

• Ashok Aggarwal
    edited 11/24/19
    Options

Upvoted. And saddened to see that this still doesn't exist.

This discussion has been closed.