Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Send Update Request - Need more time

Options
Cindy Green
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Is there a way to give the contact more time to fill out a Send Update Request? The request is timing out before they submit their update.

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Hi Cindy, there is not a time limit for update request. I am testing this now and have had an update request open for almost 2 hours without it timing out. 

Could you provide a little more information about what the user is seeing (post a screenshot?) and what is actions are taken that might be causing this to happen. 

Thanks! 

• Joelle Feig
    edited 01/29/16
    Options

I am also having this issue.  I am sending colleagues multiple rows to update and many of them have complained of the request timing out before they complete it and ultimately erasing all their information.  It sounds like the time out is happening around the 20 minute mark.  

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Hi Joelle, update requests should not timeout after 20 minutes. As I mentioned above, I tested this with a web form I had open for over 2 hours and did not have any issues.

Check with your colleagues - what browser are they using? If they are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer (IE8 or older), they might get this behavior.

Chrome is the best browser for use with Smartsheet. Ask them to try using Chrome and if they are still getting timeout errors, have them email support@smartsheet.com and they can dig into this further. 

This discussion has been closed.