Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Report Not Finding Matches

Options
Katie Brown
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I'm working on creating a report, but keep failing to have any matches pulled from my Smartsheet when I run it. I know that there are rows that satisfy the fields I'm looking for, and can't figure out why matches aren't being found by the report. I don't have a 'who' included for the report, so I'm guessing that's the problem. Do I need to have a 'who' specified?

Any help is much appreciated!!

Tags:

Comments

• Sue Rogers
    Options

I have various reports and a who isn't mandatory.

Usually it is either that my data "looks" right for selection but I'm missing something like a double space etc. and reading what I think is there rather than what is actially present.

My other most common error is tat I have conflicts selction criteria so that one statement selects the rows I want but another statement disgards them.

Without seeing your smartsheet & report builder it is hard to help but if you want to share I'm happy to take a look.

• Zack S
    Zack S Employee
    edited 11/18/15
    Options

Hello, 

What Sue mentioned are great things to double check when you aren't getting the results you are looking for. Usually what is happening is that you are meeting one criteria in the report but the other statement isn't met so the row isn't included in the report. One way to double check this is to go into one of the source sheets and create a filter for each piece of criteria you specifiy in the report builder. 

You can contact support@smartsheet.com and send us screenshots of the report builder criteria and the rows you are expecting to have pulled and we'll be happy to troubleshoot. 

-Zack

This discussion has been closed.