Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Reporting from multiple sheets

Options
Jay Bautista
Jay Bautista ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Is there a way I can run a report from multiple sheets? I can select 2 or more sheets but it's an "OR" and not "AND". So, the report isn't reporting on all selected sheets. Or, am I missing something? Thanks!

Comments

• Jay,

reporting from multiple sheets is easily done by selecting the needed sheets from the "'Where?" box.

From your comment on "OR" and "AND", I guess, you probably talk about the connection between multiple criteria in the "What?" box, right?

You can switch between "OR" and "AND" by clicking on the horizontal line where it says "OR" or "AND" between the criteria.

Best regards

Stefan

• Jay Bautista
    Jay Bautista ✭✭
    edited 11/19/15
    Options

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for getting back. I know the "What" enables you to select "AND" criteria. However, I'm interested in the "Where".

• Hi Jay,

I still do not understand the problem, maybe you can provide an example?

Following scenario:

- 2 sheets with columns for "gender" and for "value".

- sheet1 with male names and numbers as value

sheet2 with female names and characters as value

In the report I selected both sheets ("OR" between them) and then "gender" and "value" to be included. 

Data from both sheets appear in the sheet.

So "...the report isn't reporting on all selected sheets" looks strange to me ;-)

This discussion has been closed.