Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Is it possible to have an "Admin Only" column in a project plan?

Options
Michael Mauk
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I am wanting to put hyperlinks tools and resources I use in a project plan to help me with my job, but I don't want the people I'm sharing the plan with to see it?  Is that possible?  Or do you have any recommendations for me?

Comments

• Keep the ful smartsheet for your-self and share reports of selected items.

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Create a New sheet and Copy and Link cells into it.  Add a nother column to put yourextras in and do not share.

They see the plan You see the Plan and the extra stuff.

Bear in mind Reports at the moment do not show Gantt Chart

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 05/28/15
    Options

Just a note - reports would be a good way to share a subset of your data but the user needs to be shared to the underlying sheets to view data in your report, which may not work for you. If you want to share a read only version of a subset of your data, you could build a report, then publish a read only view of that report through the Publish tab at the bottom of your report. Anyone with the publish link can view the data in the report without being shared to the underlying sheets. 

• Caren Adams
    edited 02/28/17
    Options

Travis,

What I think you are saying is that you can share all info in a report through the Publish tab (at the bottom of the report) but that if you share the actual report, folks with access would NOT be able to see all of the info if the underlying sheets were not shared with them, is that correct?

This discussion has been closed.