Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Overview of (Pending) update requests

Maaik Meijerink
Maaik Meijerink ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

As the Owner of many sheets I have to get into every sheet to see if there are still pending update requests. Is there a way to get an overview of every update request. Preferably in the More-section in the left-menu ?

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Maaik, there is not a way to view all pending update requests but I have pass your suggestion along to our Product team. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Travis,

There is nothing I see on the roadmap about the Update Requests, but I would like to add my vote to improving it.

It is difficult to see an overview, to track down the pending but completed ones, and to see how the requests link back to whether the project is on schedule or not.

I spent a lot of time as a manager trying to use the system with people that were complacent at best and belligerent at worst when we were trying to roll out Smartsheet. Even when it was part of the process, there were people I had to send repeated reminders to update the requests. I digress.

I see the potential in the system, but like any process it is only good when followed.

And I did not have the ammunition I needed to complain loudly to get behaviors changed for the people that did not work for me.

Craig

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Thanks for the post Craig! I have submitted your vote and feedback to the Product team. 

• Ian B
    Ian B ✭✭✭

Any update on this?

I agree that this feature would be extremely helpful.

This discussion has been closed.