Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

New data to an existing sheet to automatically start on top line

Brad Willms
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I need to find a way to have new data inputed to an exisiting sheet, start on the top line so we do not have to scroll all the way down to input. I am utilizing the ticket tracker template.

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/25/15

Brad,

I'm not familiar with the ticket tracker template and I could not locate it after a short search. However, I assume it uses a WebForm to gather the data.

If so, on the Webform editor, there is a "Form Options" section.

In that section, there is a part that looks like this:

Hope this helps.

Craig

NewEntries.jpg

• Thank you Craig. That works perfectly when utilizing the web form. I need to find an additional way for that to work when data is inputed directly on to the sheet along with input from the web form (on a seperate line of course). Any suggestions?

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Right click the first row number in the sheet and select Insert Row Above, then add your data in the new row. 

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You don't even have to right click to insert the row.  As long as you are on the top row simply click "Insert"  and a row will be inserted above that row.

This discussion has been closed.