Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Change Label in Calendar View

Options
2»

Comments

• hrzook
    Options

Yes give my vote to please add this feature smiley

• DonmanW
    Options

I really wish this ability was available in calendar view. In Gant view I often "assemble" my labels in their own column with concatenated values assembled from other columns (some are short and simple cell values, others are longer combinations of values and punctuation depending on needs). Not having this ability in calendar view is a very limiting factor in a flexible tool such as Smartsheet.

• Dusty Robinson
    Dusty Robinson ✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/17/19
    Options

I was surprised to see this issue initially raised three years ago, and yet it has not been addressed. It seems like such an easy thing to allow users to customize the text displayed in the calendar view, just like users can in the Gantt view.

Are there plans to allow users to customize what they see in the Calendar view?

Is it more difficult to change than it seems? (i.e., why hasn't this been addressed?)

Thanks for any insight.

• Lee Joramo
    Lee Joramo ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This should follow the same pattern as the Card View. Allow us to specify a field that can use formulas or drop-down lists for the Calendar titles.

Personally, I have the API knowledge and tools in place to deal with this, but what a waste of my time.

• Lee Joramo
    Lee Joramo ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Solution: Use the "Calendar App"

So I went ahead and built an API program that takes the value of a Text/Number Column formula and copies it the the Primary Column so that the Calendar Titles are useful.

After I did this, a colleague pointed out that our organization has access to the Smatsheet "Calendar App" which allow you to customize the Title, and in fact display much more information in the calendar view. The "Calendar App" is an extra cost service that provides a much more feature rich calendar tool.

If you want to customize the Title of a calendar event, check to see if you have access to the "Calendar App"

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2476776-keep-teams-organized-smartsheet-calendar-app

I find it very odd, that the "Calendar App" has not been mentioned in this thread. It is also not clear from reading the calendar view documents that additional features are hidden in the "Calendar App".

If you don't not pay for the Calendar App, and want an API solution, I  have node.js code that maybe useful to you.

This discussion has been closed.