Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Viewing Attachments

Options
Maya Clyatt
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Can you set up the attachments to be viewed by clicking on it rather than having to download it first then open it to see it?

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To the best of my knowledge this is not an option.  It would certainly be a sencible thing to be able to do.  For one you will not end up with multiple versions of the same document.  Users may be tempted to view the one down loaded and not look at the ome that is attached to the sheet/workspace which may have been updated.

Maybe Smartsheet could ad it to thier list of Enhancements.

• Maya Clyatt
    Options

Thank you.  That would be great if Smart Sheet could do that.  This is the one major flaw I have on my sheets.  I work in real estate and our contracts are changing constantly with back forth changes from buyer to seller and vice versa.  Sometimes I dont know if I have uploaded the form yet and have to look at a previous version to verify and to download it each time is time consuming because I then have to make sure I delete.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 05/28/15
    Options

You can preview images directly in the app without downloading them, but not other file types at this time. I will add this suggestion to our enhancement request list! 

• Michelle Vonderau
    Options

I've found that PDF and JPGs can be previewed in the desktop version, but no other file extensions from what I've tested.

In the mobile app for iPhone 7, you can preview .XLS, .XLSX, .DOCX, .JPG, and .PDF but not .DOC as of today. 

I look forward to the desktop version matching the app version in preview capabilities one day!

This discussion has been closed.