Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Attachments

Options
Megan Stoner
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have been using SmartSheet for about a year now. It is wonderful and suits all of our needs for collaboration with our external customers. One item i am struggling with is documents, I love using workspaces but with the number of attachments that we have per customer i would like to have the ability to do foldering for organizing the attachments. is there any way to do this or does someone have a workaround they use for this?

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Megan,

Attachments can be in workspaces, sheets, or rows.

When looking at the workspace attachments, you'll see them all.

When looking at a sheet's attachment, only ones in the sheet (or attached to a specific row in that sheet).

Rows only for the row.

I typically attach only to rows unless there is a guideline for the sheet or workspace.

It sounds like you are only attaching to workspaces. Or do I misunderstand?

Craig

• Megan Stoner
    edited 01/06/16
    Options

I have sheets in the workspace and are attaching to both at this point, i am trying to find a way to organize my attchments. i thought about making a seperate smartsheet for attachments only and i can "folder" them that way. do you have any other way of doing it? that is the only piece i am missing - for sharing all our docs i have been using one drive so they are all organized in one place.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/07/16
    Options

Making Documents and reference materials or links readily available across the enterprise and easy to locate, is something many businesses need and a very simple solution is to create a Library Sheet which, if indexed well using hierarchy, can make that visibility easy. We use it ourselves and have recommended it to clients too. 

Otherwise you need to look at setting up OneDrive better or Using OverDRIVE which sits on top of Google's Drive and is a very easy to use Web Portal that will add even more functionality and is low cost. There is a link on our website if that is of interest. 

http://smarterbusinessprocesses.com/overdrive/

Hope that helps?

RichardR

This discussion has been closed.