Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Want sum calculation in report - Formulas in reports?

Options
13»

Comments

• +1 vote for some kind of page that allows calculated functions.  I have two report-type functions I need to do:

1. report on outstanding receivables.  The payment information is in the main sheet and my "report" shows those that are outstanding and awaiting payment.  I want a sum calculation below the rows to quickly see the total on the report.

2. I report the total invoiced by month/year.  At present, there is no way to group a report by year/month based on the date of invoice (format mm/dd/yyyy).  I end up exporting it all to excel to do a pivot table but a pivot table report in Smartsheet would be great for this. 

• Sarah Gray
    Options

Hi @Travis,

Can you please post a shot of "the automatic formulas that appear at the bottom right of a report when you highlight cells".  I have a report with a totals column and I am not seeing these values.  Thanks!

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sarah,

See image.

Be aware very old posts may not be monitored. Travis was the Community Manager in 2015. He has moved on and up to bigger and better things. While he may still monitor posts here, I have not seen much from him recently.

Better practice would be to post a new thread and reference this thread.

Craig

CalculatonsInReport.jpg

• Joe Amoroso
    Options

Add my vote for sums and calculations

in reports  

• i_cooper
    Options

I would like to use a formula similar to =today() in the report filter. I have a dashboard or sight set up for my customer. I am trying to pull in an "on call" contact based on a schedule we have on a separate sheet.

• Rebecca Butler
    Options

Like many of the users, would love to see formula functionality in reporting. See that the original request was over 3 years ago - is it still being tracked here?

Does anyone from Smartsheets have an update on if this feature request is being considered?

• EcoPartnering
    Options

I see your point.  I may be looking at this wrong.  I just have to find better "workarounds" for some of the limitations.    I guess sometimes, I just want a smarter spreadsheet that has all of the collaboration features as Smartsheet.  Then other times, I need the database features.  The one key thing is...I really just want to work out of one system.  

• Amy_S
    Options

I also vote for a sum function in reports, has this happened yet?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi all,

Smartsheet mentioned during Engage that functionality like this is coming for reports.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Barry Bowles
    Barry Bowles ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wow, this feature has been requested since 2015 (when I first started using smartsheet) and still nothing?  People run reports so they can filter and see a summary of the data - which includes having totals, subtotals, count. average etc. These are all part of running standard reports. Without those features a "report" really isn't a report at all - it is just a filtered view of the data and acts no better than the column filters in excel other than to operate on multi-sheets.   Having the numbers total at the bottom of the screen when you highlight cells is useful but again it is not a part of the report.

Smartsheet is way behind on this feature and should either change the name of reports to "multi-sheet filters" or give users a REAL reporting capability.

• Hallie Brown
    Hallie Brown ✭✭✭
    edited 06/26/19
    Options

Pease add my vote for this feature. This would be extremely helpful to have!

• Waltz
    Options

Hi - have also been looking for this. Not too familiar with fancy work-arounds but would think reports that summarise would be normal (counts, sums etc).

Even if (worst case) formula updates another data source sheet for a dashboard...

Natural extension for functions in reports would then be for then charting - which might cross over with dashboards and mix things up a bit! ...but why not?

+1 my vote!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi everyone,

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment to have your vote added

A New Way to Submit Your Feature Requests

To make your Enhancement / Feature Request count, send in the form above because there isn’t a guarantee, it will be registered otherwise.

Original Post: https://community.smartsheet.com/announcement/new-way-submit-your-feature-requests

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

This discussion has been closed.